> IBX5980432E7F390 Karolina Pliskova Can Oppose Her Cravings: Serena Williams - Kentucky derby

Karolina Pliskova Can Oppose Her Cravings: Serena Williams

When Karolina Pliskova sat at a press conference on Sunday after her fourth victory at the US Open, other opponents were unknown.
https://kentuckyderby112.blogspot.com/

At the time Serena Williams, championship champion and 23-year-old Grand Slam champion, dropped to third by the 44th Kaia Kanepi.

"Of course, I want Serena to win," Pliskova said.

His desire for the toughest opponent might only be for himself. Pliskova beat Williams 6-2 7-6 (5) in the US Open semi-final. two years ago, gave him the confidence to win again.

In an interview after his press conference, Pliskova explained that she had not worked hard all her life so she could take an easy route.


"This is the game you want to play," Pliskova said about Williams. "It's not about Kanepi, but I came here to play that match. If I were so far, I wanted to be at Arthur Ashe, play Serena. I remember that feeling. He didn't need me to beat him, but just be there and play against him I know he's not number one now because he was two years ago, but he's still a great player, he will be better off playing it. "

Pliskova has a passion when Williams wins in three sets. He will face Williams in the quarter-finals on Tuesday night, their first meeting since their Open semifinals. "I've seen him a lot since then," Williams said of Pliskova. "I made many decisions from that match, and I think we are in a different position now. It will be a fun match."

Pliskova has watched Williams, including in the second leg of the French Open against Ashleigh Barty where Williams launched a second rally with several strikers. Williams wins in three sets. "He shouted, and he was like, what did he do?" Pliskova said. "But he returned after that. He knew how to get back to the game."

Pliskova believes that she will not bend the power of Aura Williams.

"When I was in court, I was only worried about my half," Pliskova said. "Whatever in the other half, I don't care."

"Okay, he has all my respect, but I can beat him, so I'm not worried about that," Pliskova added about Williams. "He has a great game, but sometimes he acts bigger than the game."

Pliskova has failed since the last 12 months, falling to No. 8 after entering the US Open last year at No. 1. But his deep confidence does not change.

Does his passion for tennis falter, guiding him to part with his coach Tomas Krupa.

"I don't enjoy a lot of tennis," Pliskova said. "I changed because I needed someone who was positive about me, about my game, everything I did."

Last month, Pliskova asked Rennae Stubbs, ESPN's commentator and Grand Slam champion six times in doubles to help her.

"He is very hard on him, so he has to be around positive people," Stubbs said. "He is not a person who will go beyond the court and reject himself; he needs someone to do it for him, and to maintain the love of sport."

0 Komentar Untuk "Karolina Pliskova Can Oppose Her Cravings: Serena Williams"

Post a Comment